Monday, October 23, 2017

"Jesus is bigger than my circumstances!"

October 23, 2017

This week was so great! I had so many concerns! 1 I hadn't seen my camera since I left Granby and I did NOT want to lose the pictures from the first half of my mission! 2 My Tiwi card (the card that I need to be able to drive the mission cars) was missing! Yes, I lose things a lot. I know. It's fine. and 3 I have felt SO overwhelmed with adjusting to a new area. BUT Today a member texted us and he found my camera in their car! It fell out at some point! My Tiwi card got mailed to me today! And I'm filled with a peace that one way or another I'm going to adjust to this new area and be able to fulfill my purpose! I'm such a blessed person!

Well... one cool thing that happened this week was that we were tracting and we set a time that we were going to be done tracting... 4:15. So finally 4:15 comes around and there is ONE house left on this street. No doors had been very nice to us, I really didn't want to knock any more doors, but I felt the spirit say "just do one more! It'll be okay". So I grumbled a little and Sister Fife and I went and knocked this door and it was a super nice lady! She used to be Methodist but saw some problems and stopped going to church. She said we could come back! That's a new investigator! Yahoo! I walked away chuckling and just thinking "Man, God really has a sense of humor." 

Another cool thing that happened this week is that when I was listening to General Conference I kept noticing that something that stood out to me was using technology for righteous purposes and this week my mission found out that we are turning into a technology mission! Weird! In a few months every missionary in my mission will have a smartphone that we will use as a daily planner an area information book and a lot of other things and when we are transferred the information will stay in the area and the phone will come with us! I don't totally understand it yet and I don't have a lot of details but I am very excited to use this to further missionary work! 

Also I hit my 8 month mark on my mission yesterday!

Well I'm sorry that this week's email is so short but my thought for this week is the words to my favorite Primary Song, it's been stuck in my head for days now and it's made me try a little harder to be a little better so I'm going to share it with you. "I'm trying to be like Jesus, I'm following in His ways. I'm trying to love as He did, in all that I do and say. At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice, but I try to listen as the still small voice whispers:

Love one another as Jesus loves you. Try to show kindness in all that you do. Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought, for these are the things Jesus taught." 

Are you trying to be like Jesus? I think this is something we could all do a little better. I definitely could. I love y'all! Have a great week!

~Sister Madisen Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment