Monday, October 16, 2017

Just two Idaho girls living in an Arkansas world

October 16, 2017

 
This week, was crazy. So many things!

Thursday: Thursday was transfer day and that was so bitter sweet. I hoped on the transfer bus and rode to my new area... Mountain Home. Let me tell you about my one of a kind area. :) Mountain Home has about 12,000 people and is a huge retirement community! I'm happy to be here! Excited for my adventures. I met my new companion, Sister Fife who is amazing! She is from Blackfoot, Idaho and is a total sweetheart. We get along fantastically. That night some other sisters came and spent the night so that we could do exchanges the next day!

Friday: We had exchanges! I met a lot of people... most of which I can't remember their names because I have met about a billion people in the last 5 days. So details will be vague. But I did meet one investigator named Craig, who is super awesome. He had a baptismal date and then got really sick and so we went to visit him and set a new baptismal date with him for November 11. Exciting stuff! Then Sister Montoya (the sister I was on exchanges with) and I had a lesson with some new investigators. They were so nice! They own 62 birds and are trying to make a bird breeding business which is pretty neat! We taught them the Restoration and they had TONS of good questions! It was awesome! The thing I thought was neat was that the lady we were teaching, at the end of our lesson, looked at her husband and said she thought it was so cool that we could pick up each other's sentences and pick up teaching where the other had left off and how most religions you can't do that because everyone has different answers. She talked about how inspiring that was that we bothe had the same beliefs and the same information. We got to testify to her that it was because Jesus Christ's gospel is the same across the world. Not just from person to person, even though we can receive personal answers to things. We invited them to be baptized when they came to know that what we taught was true and they accepted! It was so cool!

Saturday: The day Sister Fife and Sister Lloyd ACTUALLY got to be companions. Because of exchanges we hadn't spent super long together so we actually got to get to know each other which was cool! We spent the morning doing service which is always good and then we spent the rest of the day weekly planning. It was a little overwhelming to plan for a bunch of people who I don't know and haven't met but it was good and I'm excited to meet them all! 

Sunday: On Sunday we had church which was good! I introduced myself to so many members it's not even funny and have told everyone where I'm from so many times it makes my head spin. After church I was super sick with a cold so we spent most of the afternoon inside, until dinner with some awesome members. I don't remember their names but they were really really nice! We invited them to write their testimonies in copies of the Book of Mormon and look for opportunities to give them to people and they said they would try! Super cool! That night we went and drove out to the house of a less active that neither of us knew. We knocked on the door and she answered and didn't have any pants on! I was so surprised I about died and it was hard not to laugh (I laugh when I feel uncomfy). I expected her to say it wasn't a great time but she said "Sisters! Come in! Let me find some pants!" Then she spent the next five minutes wandering around trying to find pants and I just tried to keep from laughing. Life as a missionary is such a fun adventure! After she found some pants we had a really nice talk for the rest of the evening and we even scheduled a time to come back, hopefully this time she'll be expecting us. ;)

Well friends, this week was so good and my thought for this week is that God loves you. Sorry it's short and sweet but i's all I got for ya. I love y'all! Have a great week! 

~Sister Madisen Lloyd


Picture: Sister Fife and Sister Lloyd 

No comments:

Post a Comment