Sunday, October 1, 2017

Happy fall y'all!

September 25, 2017

Hey! This week was good! I just feel like I always have so much happen during the week and then I get to P Day and can't remember a lick of it. I usually bring my planner to email and this week I forgot it so I'll just share a couple three things that happened this week. 

One cool thing that happened was that this week we got to do service for an older guy. He's really nice and loves the sister missionaries, I've talked about him before. He's older and a little bit crazy but that's okay. So we went over and he had us paint one of his walls green. It was kind of fun! He sat there and talked to us and told us stories and we just painted. It was almost therapeutic! When we were done he gave us some of the juice that he buys from some store and makes himself. Which was super nice of him!

Another cool thing that happened this week is that we got to watch Women's Conference and it was so dang good! I felt like I couldn't write fast enough. Something cool that was said was Elder Uchtdorf talked about how there are always going to be reasons to be sad, there will always be reasons to be mad and there will always be reasons to be glad. What we decide to be is up to us and it just depends on what you decide to focus on.  That was super awesome because being more positive is a goal that I have set for myself recently! I've been trying to see the good more often than I see the bad. So it was cool that that was what he chose to talk about.

This week another cool thing that happened was that we got to have a really cool lesson with our investigator, Amanda, about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was cool because we used the Book of Mormon to teach it and she had some really awesome insight and thoughts about each of the steps, especially Endure to the End. It was really cool to hear her bare her testimony of the things we taught and then to hear her talk about how excited she is for her baptism in December! A missionary's dream! :) 

One last cool thing that happened this week is that I received a huge tender mercy. On a mission it is not uncommon for you to see the fruits of your labors, it's also not uncommon to not see the fruits of your labors. It kind of just depends on the day. I've felt a little nervous because I've been in a swing where I haven't really seen a lot of fruits of my labors and I was kind of bummed about that. Ya know? It's nice to see things happen because you're working hard. I feel like I'm working hard but not a lot of things have been happening because of it. Well, yesterday I was talking to a young woman in the ward and she gave me a hug and told me that she loved and appreciated me and that she was grateful I came into the ward. That I made her excite't d for when she can serve a mission. This was such a tender mercy because even though I was feeling like I wasn't having a huge impact on people, she showed me I was. I was so grateful for her kindness and for the spirit telling her to say those things. :) 

This week I have been thinking about lots of things. One of them specifically is Jesus. Go figure. ;) I've been thinking about how grateful I am for Him. For the knowledge that He is my Savior and Redeemer. For the testimony I have that He walks with me everyday. That He knows me personally and has felt what I feel and is there to succor me. He loves us so much! How blessed are we to know that we have someone who knows us better than we know ourselves cheering us on! I know Christ lived, died and lived again. I know he knows you and loves you. I know he helps us in our day to day lives. I hope you all know that. I love y'all! Have a great week!

~Sister Madisen Lloyd

 

Pictures: 

Picture 1: Sister Naegle and I Picture 2: Sister Sanders and I Picture 3: Sister Crandall and I



No comments:

Post a Comment