Sunday, November 5, 2017

"Would there be enough evidence?"

October 30, 2017


This week was good! A lot of super cool things happened that I'm excited to share with you!

Monday- PDay! We did all the things that every missionary needs to do in order to be a successful missionary the rest of the week and moved on with life! 

Tuesday- On Tuesday we started our day with service! Every Tuesday we go do service at this assisted living home for older ladies and gentleman and I LOVE IT. It's seriously so fun. There is this one super sweet older gentleman who is seriously so sweet. He always looks at me and with the biggest smile says "Thank you Sister Lloyd!" and this week he looked at me and said "I'm not trying to flatter you, but it's so nice of you to be so happy and friendly to all of these people." and it seriously made my week! After that we were able to have the opportunity to practice using our back up plans! In our mission we have a super strong emphasis on "planning our day with the Lord" in that we try to pray and set all of the things that we have planned and that we feel like we should do and THEN we set back up plans for the whole day so that IF something were to fall through we aren't like "oh shoot... guess we can go home" but instead we have something else planned. Well, on Tuesday we had a bunch of things fall through and we were able to practice back up plans. I won't lie, I'm not very good at setting back up plans. I just want my original plans to work out and have life be good! Buuuuut that doesn't usually happen. So I was humbled and reminded that back up plans are important and that I should probably take them a little more seriously. 

Wednesday- On Wednesday we went and walked dogs for our service... this was... one of the best decisions we've ever made. W go to the Humane Society and walk the dogs that are there and they are seriously so sweet. It makes me so sad but the dogs just LOVE to be walked and talked to and it's so fun. So that was awesome. The rest of the day we had some visits with less actives and did a little bit of tracting with no success, unfortunately. On Wednesday night we went to mutual and taught two of the young men about missionary work. We asked them if they wanted to talk about ways to share the gospel casually now or practice being missionaries and teaching the first discussion and they picked practice teaching the first discussion. So together we went through the Restoration lesson in Preach My Gospel and picked out two or three important parts from each section of the lesson and then had them teach it to their young men's leader. It was actually really good and we invited them to go through it again during the week and mark those points and study that section. It was fun to teach! They're both going to make great missionaries some day. 

Thursday- On Thursday Sister Fife and weekly planned! So boring! For real! But it helps us to be better prepared for the rest of the week. After that we had dinner at a member's house and they fed us rabbit! I had never had rabbit before (that I can remember at least) and they breed their own rabbits and raise them for food storage. But anyway it was really good and I was happy! I feel bad though because all I could think of was Peter Cottontail. We came home at the end of the night so tired but... got an idea.... neither of us are too terribly fond of Halloween.... we both have a strong love for CHRISTMAS. SO... we decided it was close enough to set up our Christmas tree :) There is a tiny little Christmas tree and some ornaments in our apartment so we set it up and decorated it and put twinkly lights all over our apartment and listened to Christmas carols.  

Friday- On Friday we had a Zone Conference. So we got up at 5am, left our apartment at 6, a member drove us the two hours to zone conference and then sat in zone conference for six hours. It was a long day. BUT Zone Conference was so good! We talked about how we can be better representatives of Jesus Christ. It was super awesome and I learned a LOT. I have so much to do to be a better representative of Christ but I'm excited to see that I have already made improvements. On the way home, the member was driving and I was sitting up front. The member (an older lady) was talking to me, telling me a story and she looked over at me as we were coming around a bend, for some reason my eyes were glued to the road and then suddenly I noticed that there were deer on the road about 100- 150 yards in front of us and our member was speeding... I shouted "DEER!"  the member screamed "HOLD ON!" and slammed on the breaks, Sister Fife woke up in the back seat when she almost hit the back of my seat and somehow... the member stopped in time. I am convinced that there were angels pushing and pulling our car to a stop. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father is aware of us and was able to protect us. By the time we got home we had just enough time to have dinner, have a lesson with a recent convert, have comp study and go to bed. I was EXHAUSTED.

Saturday- On Saturday we had a good day! We had a few lessons and spent a lot of time visiting less active members. We had a little bit of weekly planning to finish and then after that the day was done. Saturday was a good day but nothing too notable happened. 

Sunday- On Sunday we had church which was good and then we went home and had lunch. We did a little bit of studies because we didn't have time before church, after that we were able to go visit some less actives. We had dinner at home and we found this chicken and rice casserole thing in our freezer and made it! It was actually really good! :) After that we went back out to visit less actives for the rest of the evening and per usual nobody was home. So that was a bummer. We come home and had companion study and then went to bed. 

Well, at Zone Conference this week there was something that really struck me. was President Loveland asked us a question "If you lived in a country where being a believer in Christ was illegal, would there be enough evidence to convict you?" This struck me and it has been weighing heavy on my mind and heart as I evaluate my "evidence". I would invite y'all to look at your "evidence" and make any changes you feel like you need to make. I love y'all! Have a great week!
 
~Sister Madisen Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment