Sunday, October 1, 2017

All the General Authorities like the ABM

September 18, 2017


What a week! I'm exhausted! :) Those are the best kind of weeks

Monday- P-day, I bet by now you can probably tell me what I do on P Days so I won't run through it all BUT needless to say it was good and much needed. 
Tuesday- On Tuesday we did service at the Newtonia Library! Which is fun as always. After that we were able to go see our investigator Amanda, which was so cool. Amanda has met with missionaries for a really long time off and on and just has never really made any solid commitments on things. Well, lately she has been going through a really rough time and we haven't been able to see her as often because she started a new job with a weird scedule. But we were able to go see her and when we got there she immediately started telling us about how she has been reading in the Book of Mormon everyday and how it has brought her peace and happinness and really spoken to her. It was so cool! I was basically on Cloud 9. and then she "and something else" and pointed at me and said "something you said, the first time you came over, has been in my hear" I was so scared, and she started crying and said "you talked about how your baptism has brought you happiness every day since you were eight. I want that." I teared up and invited her to be baptized and she accepted. She has to get her work schedule figured out and a few other things so we set her baptismal date for December 23rd. The sad part is that I probably won't be here for it, missionaries rarely stay in an area for that long. But I am so happy that she has decided to be baptized! She is so cool! I love her dearly. After that we went and tried to contact some potential investigators and they were either not home or not interested. So we went tracting and again no one was really interested. Then we had dinner with the Lemons, I LOVE the Lemons! It was a great day.

Wednesday- On Wednesday we started the morning with a lesson with a new investigator! It went pretty well, we went over and got to know him and started talking to him which was good. He has some concerns about baptism and priesthood but overall it was a really good lesson. For the rest of the afternoon we went and tried to visit people and literally, NO ONE WAS HOME. That's the worst. So we went to visit the Talbotts who are always awesome. That night a member brought us dinner to our house and we ate it and then went to Mutual. We went with the young women because they were learning how to check their oil and fix a flat tire and those are both good things to know how to do. PLUS I've been trying really hard to get the youth in the ward more involved and strengthen the relationship between the youth and the missionaries. That night we went to see some less actives and had a really good visit with them! :) It was a good day. 

Thursday- On Thursday we did weekly planning. Always boring but always productive. Then we did a lot of organizational stuff on a binder that has information on the ward, that our mission president wants us to have up to date... that we haven't been very consistent about working on. BUT we got it up to date and all is well! That night we had dinner with some members who are really, really good at making Gluten Free food, they made crepes and let me tell you, they were dang good. Then they made Gluten Free Earthquake Cake and I just about died I was so happy. :) That night we did online training and did some exercise

Friday- On Friday we delivered a Bible and Book of Mormon to one of our investigators, did some more work on the ward information binder and then had lunch. After lunch we went to do service for an older lady named Leanor. She is so sweet and she asked us to help her clean her kitchen... which ended up taking most of the afternoon and we still aren't finished but it looks better than when we started and that's what counts. That night we had dinner with the Lassiters and then we came home and exercised. 

Saturday- On Saturday we had interviews with our mission president and his wife, which were amazing as usual. I'm so grateful for a mission president who takes the time to talk to each of us every six weeks and make sure we are doing okay. That afternoon we went and visited some former investigators and found one that said that we could come back and start meeting with him again! Which is awesome! :) That evening the Lassiters came and picked us up and took us to dinner and then took us to Stake Conference. Elder Kim B Clark came and spoke to everybody which was really really cool. He is super nice and I even got to shake his hand! :) After Stake Conference the Lassiters took us to get ice cream which was super nice of them and then took us home! It was a good day. 

Sunday- On Sunday a sister in the ward came and picked us up and drove us to Stake Conference with her. We got to hear from Elder Clark again as well as our Mission President and his wife which was good. That afternoon we went to go visit a family of investigators that we found the Sunday before who said we could come back and, go figure, they weren't home. That's okay! Missionaries aren't afraid to try again! and again! and again! and again! So we spent the rest of the afternoon contacting less actives in that area and then we had dinner at some members and had a lesson with their daughter who should be getting baptized soon! It was awesome! 

Monday- PLOT TWIST it wasn't P Day. We had Elder Cornish come and speak to our mission on Monday and so P Day was moved to Tuesday. That's why I'm a day late. But he talked about working with ward members. If you are not trying to help the missionaries in your area PLEASE START TRYING TO HELP THEM! He told us a statistic that if members and missionaries work together, one out of every three people they work with will get baptized. Whereas right now one out of every 28 gets baptized. Just ask the missionaries what you can do to help. :) It works. Anyway, another fun part about this is that I got to see all my missionary friends! Always a good time. 

Well this week I have been thinking a lot about lots of things. So I don't have any super cool thoughts. But something that I have noticed several times over the last several weeks is the importance of knowing that you are receiving support that you can't see. My grandpa died when I was a Sophomore and it was a really sad time. It was hard to lose my grandpa. But lately I kept being reassured and reading that we had angels helping us! Going before us and preparing the way. Protecting us. All sorts of cool things. I hadn't really ever thought about it much but I started to notice times when I was protected, never from anything that would have killed me (that I noticed) but just from little things. I started noticing when hard things were easier to handle than they probably normally would have been. I started noticing when things lined up how I needed them to without me doing a lot of work to get them that way. I have been astounded at how much help I didn't notice I was getting. I promise you that angels are helping you. They are supporting you and they love you! They help you because God loves you! I love you! I hope y'all have a great week! 

~Sister Madisen Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment