Monday, September 11, 2017

Baptism week!

September 11, 2017


Hey y'all! This week was one for the books. :) 

Monday- on Monday (I bet you can guess) we had P Day! we washed our clothes and cleaned and emailed and shopped. Yay! after that we spent the evening visiting less actives but no one was really home. Bummer. 

Tuesday- On Tuesday we went and did service at the Newtonia Red Library! After that we went to see our nursing home friends, Mary and Donald. They were so fun to visit with and so are all of the other lonely people in the nursing home. after that we tried visit some less actives who are always an adventure to talk to but they weren't home... so sad. Tuesday night we had dinner with the Lemons :) I love the Lemons. They made fried chicken and it was oh so good. That night we went to visit Page Talbot and see how she was doing before her baptism and she was doing well! We came home at 8:30 and did some exercises! It was a good day.

Wednesday- On Wednesday we did weekly plannins (plot twist! it wasn't on Thursday) and it was good. That took the whole morning and then we got a text from our Mission President's assistants asking us all to clean our cars in anticipation of our meeting with him the next day. So we spent the afternoon making sure our car was in tip top shape. That night we had dinner and then visited a less active and then came home and exercised. 

Thursday- On Thursday we woke up bright and early and got ready and drove for an hour and a half to... SPRINGFIELD for our meeting. I love Springfield and it was so fun to drive through the town I spent the first 5 1/2 months of my mission in. We had zone conference at the stake center and I got to see so many people! My trainer, Sister Sanders and my good ole MTC friend Sister Naegle! It was so fun. Another cool thing was that a member of the seventy came, Elder Villareal. He instructed us and gave a lot of really cool thoughts  After the meeting they had some people come in and give us all flu shots if we wanted. I knew my mom would want me to get one so I braved the needles and got a flu shot. Sister Naegle held my hand. It was all good. After that we drove home and had dinner with some members who have celiacs disease so they are the masters of gluten free cooking and they made homemade biscuits. They were so dang good. That night we went and  met a less active who we didn't know and had a really good conversation with him and got to know him. It was awesome. 

Friday- Remember that time I got a flu shot so I wouldn't get the flu? Guess who woke up with the flu. Gosh dang it. So we had a sick day. Didn't get a whole lot done. The High Priests had a karaoke activity where they invited tons of less actives and some non members so I threw my hair up in a bun and we went to that. It was really fun! They bought me my own gluten free pizza (I'm so blessed) and had soda and karaoke. I sat down at a table and talked with some members and Sister Crandall sang karaoke and did a puzzle. All was good. 

Saturday- Saturday was a special day! Paige got baptized :) I was so happy I could have died right there. Paige has some health struggles so we spent the whole morning taking bleach wipes to the font to make sure it was clean and bacteria free. It was a great service opportunity. Then we had her baptism. She was so sweet and the spirit was so strong. We sang I'm trying to be like Jesus and I got all teary eyed because I thought of how Jesus Christ was baptized, how I was baptized and now how Paige who I love dearly was baptized. So much happiness comes from "trying to be like Jesus" and "Following in his ways". After the baptism we had dinner with Paige's family and then that night we went to see our investigator Shawn. He is doing really really well and we are excited he is making so much progress. Saturday night we came home and went over to the high school's track across the street and exercised. It was such a good day.

Sunday- On Sunday we went to church and then went home teaching with one of the men in our ward. It was pretty cool. After that we came home and did some studies and then went to see some potential investigators. They didn't let us in BUT they said that we could come back this coming Sunday so that's pretty great! After that we had dinner and then we took some copies of the Book of Mormon to a member who wants them so she can hand them out (it's great! you should all try handing out copies of the Book of Mormon! :) ) and then we came home and went to sleep. 

This week I have been thinking a lot about singing. I saw my mission president and his wife at zone conference and I got to talk to Sister Loveland for just a minute and she asked me how much I was singing. I said "not much" and asked what made her ask me that. She said the spirit told her and that I needed to sing. I thought that was kind of an odd thing but I started singing and holy cow does that make a difference for me. I found the scripture Doctrine and Covenants 136: 28 " if thou are merry, praise the Lord with singing, with music, with dancing and with a prayer of praise and thanksgiving." I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to sing praises and to worship, If you are happy, take the time this week to sing a little bit. It made a difference for me. I love y'all! have a great week!

~Sister Madisen Lloyd

Pictures:

Picture 1 Sister Lloyd and Paige pre baptism :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment