Tuesday, November 14, 2017

This girl runs on cupcakes and Jesus

November 13, 2017


This week was awesome! So many good things in one week! :) But I am running a little low on time so I will just share the highlights 

On Tuesday we got to go to the St Louis temple ad it was AMAZING. I love the temple. after the temple we got to go and see the St Louis arch which was really cool! I can now cross that off the bucket list. :) Yay! 

Also this week, we had a really cool experience. We have been working with this recent convert who has been struggling to keep the word of wisdom. Well, we asked him if we could send him a scripture every day and he said yes, he thought that might be helpful. Which was great! So we started sending him scriptures every day and the second day we sent him one, he actually responded and said "thank you so much" which isn't  a super big deal but it was nice. Well, we had a lesson with him later in the week where he told us a really neat story. He was at work and for some reason had NO patience that day. He was just grumpy and in a bad mood and at one point he was so frustrated he looked up at the sky and said "Jesus, give me strength." and then his phone went off. He thought "are you kidding me? what now?" and pulled out his phone and it said "Missionaries" with a scripture. He said he looked around to see if were close by, we weren't. He opened up to it in the scriptures and read a little bit and he said he had a better rest of the day.  I thought this was really cool, God is so aware of each of us and knows what we need. He also has a really good sense of humor. :) 

We also had Interviews with our Mission President this week and I had a really cool interview with his wife. We talked about light and how we need to be doing something that brings light into our lives. I took this to heart and have started listening to talks in the morning  and I have started singing more often and dancing in the kitchen to gospel music when I'm cooking food and it has brought so much light and happiness into my life it's crazy! It's amazing what trying to bring light into your life and making more of an effort to bring happy things that are Christ centered into your life can have on you and your emotional state. It was a cool experience to have. Small, but neat. 

Well, that's all I have for you this week. I hope y'all know how much I love you and how much the Lord loves you. What an amazing life we live and what a cool opportunity we have to come to know we are children of God and to realize how much he loves us. We are so blessed. Have a great week! 

~Sister Madisen Lloyd

Pictures:

Picture 1:Sister Fife and Sister Lloyd and the temple!

Picture 2: Sister Lloyd and Sister Sanders at the temple

Picture 3: Sister Fife and Sister Lloyd at the Arch



No comments:

Post a Comment