Tuesday, November 7, 2017

WOO PIG SOOIE!

November 6, 2017


If you didn't know, that is the call of the Arkansas Razorbacks which I am now a fan of. I haven't watched any games or anything, don't get any crazy ideas, but where I'm now an honorary Arkansaian I am a Razorback! You can be jealous, I would be. ;) 

Well this week was good! We got a lot done.

Monday: On Monday we helped the Primary President set up for the trunk or treat and then did all of the other things that need to be done on prep day. It was a good day!  Nothing too crazy happened. 

Tuesday: Halloween! What a fun day! We spent the morning doing normal missionary things. We started the day doing service at the Retirement home and that was great as usual. A bunch of the little old ladies brought in candy and gave it to all of the helpers. One came up to me and was like "Say trick or treat!" and so I did and she handed me some candy and had the BIGGEST smile in the world! It was adorable! After that we went and visited some less actives  and then went to the ward's trunk or treat. It was so funny because Sister Fife and I switched name tags because we couldn't do much to dress up and this little boy came running up to us and just started laughing and said "LLOYD IS FIFE AND FIFE IS LLOYD!" and then ran away. It was adorable. After that we went home and waited for trick or treaters and only had one. But we gave them candy and a pass along card!  

Wednesday: On Wednesday we had District meeting and we talked all about the Christmas Initiative that the church is putting out this year, the Light the World Initiative! It's the best and we are SO DANG EXCITED. If you didn't do it last year ( I didn't) now is a great time to decide to be better than you were a year ago and do it! It is going to bless you and others and it's a great way to share the gospel with others! You should all do it! After that we came home and we did some service at the humane society walking dogs. That evening we had a lesson with a little ten year old boy we teach, John. We taught him the ten commandments and it was so fun! I love him! After that we went to mutual and learned about budgeting and getting the best deal for your money. Which is a lesson I really needed to learn! So that was good! 

Thursday: On Thursday we drove almost an hour to do service at a food bank and it was closed, it was sad. So we recorded a lip sink to frosty the snowman to cheer us up. It's pretty good. The rest of the day was visiting less actives and teaching a lesson to our recent convert Ethan who was baptized right before I got here. That night we had a lesson with a less active couple that we teach. So we went home and weekly planned and got about half way done. It was a good day!

Friday: On Friday we had a good day of trying to visit a bunch of people and no one being home and so then we would try to visit someone else and no one was home. It was a LONG day. I don't remember anything of too much importance other than we finished weekly planning. I hate slow days on the mission.

Saturday: On Saturday we had a lot of really good lessons. We had a lesson with the pant less lady I talked about a couple weeks ago, she still is working on finding her pants! But we did vacuum her living room so I mean that's good! We also had a lesson with a lady named Laura who is working on becoming active. I was really nervous because when we walked into her house she was really grumpy and was telling us that she didn't think that what the pamphlet we gave her said lined up with the Bible. So we sat down, had a prayer and then talked about her questions. Turned out she didn't actually read the pamphlet, she saw a word she thought meant something it didn't and then got way ahead of herself so we were able to calm her down and everything was great. 

Sunday: On Sunday we watched a really good Regional Broadcast from the church as kind of a preparation for Stake Conference. It was super good! After that we had a lunch with some members and they were awesome! We talked about all of our favorite scripture stories and we were talking about Moroni when he spent 40 years by himself and I jokingly said "Just imagine spending 40 birthdays by yourself!" (quoting a Hank Smith talk I had just listened to) and then started talking about something else and suddenly the 14 year old son starts CRACKING UP and we all looked at him confused and he says "What if.... Moroni threw himself a SURPRISE PARTY!" and he just started cracking up. So we all started cracking up! It was seriously so funny. That night we had a lesson with Ethan and we had another lesson with a lady named Debbie.... Debbie is a little crazy but overall it was a really good lesson! She called us later and thanked us and told us it made her feel like someone loved her which was actually really cool. 

Well This week I have been thinking about the idea that, it doesn't really matter how slowly or quickly we move forward, but what matters is THAT we move forward. Forward is forward. I think this is important because sometimes I see other people who appear to be moving way faster than me and I get discouraged, but I shouldn't compare myself to them because our circumstances are different and our strengths and weaknesses are different. What matters is that we are moving forward. I would invite you all to give yourself a break and give yourself credit for the strides you already have made or are working on making. You're doing better than you think. God loves you and so do I! Have a great week!​​

~Sister Madisen Lloyd



No comments:

Post a Comment