Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Round 2 In Granby MO

September 4, 2017


Well I've said this before but I'll say it again. I never know what to tell everyone on these short weeks. I feel like I just gave my life update a couple days ago... because I did. But I'll see what I can come up with. Here goes it.

Thursday- On Thursday I took Sister Snyder to transfer point in Joplin and dropped her off, picked up my new companion Sister Crandall and drove the two of us back to Granby. We spent the afternoon weekly planning and I told her about the area. Updated her on everything she needed to know to be successful, okay maybe not. I don't even know everything I need to know to be successful but I sure try. That night we had dinner at the Moffit's house. They are awesome and they fed us Chinese food which is my favorite, but it is not Brother Moffit's favorite. After that we did online training and I worked on some family history! 

Friday- On Friday we started our morning by going through the ward list. I told her how everyone is related and anything else that she needed to know about the members. After that we went and started trying to visit people. and we got to see a lot of members that Sister Crandall needed to meet. We went to visit some of the less actives we work with. One of which was this really funny old man who loves the sister missionaries and he gives us all nicknames. My nickname is "Red horse" because I guess that is an orange fish and he thinks that I have orange hair which thus makes me look like a red horse. I looked up pictures of these fish and... they aren't very pretty so I'm a little offended. BUT that's okay because the nickname came from a loving place so I can't be mad. The rest of the night we drove around and met members and less actives and then we came home for the night. 

Saturday- On Saturday we started the day by helping with the highway clean up our ward was doing. We put on some ugly orange vests and each walked down a different side of the highway cleaning up garbage. You would be amazed what people throw out their car windows. *shudder* On a happier note, I was reading Elder Uchtdorf talk where he mentions forget me not flowers earlier this week and as I was walking down the highway I saw some growing in the ditch bank I was walking on and it was such a cute tender mercy that let me know God was thinking about me! (I'm not a flower expert, I don't know if they were actually forget me knots or not but I decided that they were. Don't bust my bubble.) The rest of the day was good. We went to the elderly home in Granby and visited a member who was in there and when we got there this elderly lady wheeled up to me and asked "Are you looking for me?" I thought maybe she was confused or maybe just really lonely and so I asked her where she was headed and wheeled her there and then went back to the guy we were visiting. We finished our visit and  went on our way. It was good! We finished the day with a lesson with our investigators, Jess, Steve and Chloe and it was awesome. We taught them the Plan of Salvation and they were really open to it. It was cool!  

Sunday- On Sunday we went to church and we were talking to the relief society president and she mentioned she needed to go see a new name that just came onto our records. An older lady who lives at the elderly person home in Granby. Remember the confused lady who thought we were looking for her? Yeah, she's a member. *face palm* I'm the worst. So after church we went back to Granby House and met her and talked to her. She's super nice. That night we had a really good dinner with some members in the ward and then we went to scone night! We had invited some investigators to scone night but they didn't end up coming. I was super bummed but that's okay. There's always another scone night. :)  

This week my spiritual thought is not mine. My grandma Maughan sent it to me and it was such a tender mercy for me I thought it might be for someone else too. 

"Isaiah 41:13 For I the Lord thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, fear not, I will help thee.

President Uchtdorf said Christ's perfect love allows us to walk with humility, dignity and a bold confidence as followers of our beloved Savior. Christ's perfect love gives us the confidence to press through our fears and place our complete trust in the power and goodness of our Heavenly Father and of His Son Jesus Christ."

I'm so grateful to know that the Lord is willing to hold my hand and help me through anything that I am asked to go through. Sometimes I forget that and I usually end up falling on my face as I let go and try to run ahead of Him. But when I do choose to hold His hand and let Him help me I am always more successful. I'm so grateful for the song I am a Child of God. "I am a Child of God and He has sent me here. Has given me an earthly home, with parents kind and dear. Lead me, guide me, walk beside me. Help me find the way. Teach me all that I must do, to live with Him some day." I'm so grateful to know that as I walk through this life, I never walk alone. God is so good.

I love you all! Have a great week! 

~Sister Madisen Lloyd

Pictures: 

Picture 1- We had a really bad rainstorm that flooded and we were trying to get to a members house. So I hopped out to make sure the water wasn't too deep for the truck. 

Picture 2- Sister Snyder's feet hurt on Sunday so we hitched a ride home in the back of a truck 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment