Tuesday, February 27, 2018

One year.

February 19, 2018

Well friends, this week I hit my one year mark on the mission which is crazy! I can't believe it. It's bizarre. But it's been the best year of my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.
This week... I got transferred! Y'all already knew that though. Here I sit in Parsons, Kansas. It's a cute, old, tiny town and I love it! The architecture is beautiful and the people are kind! I love it! We have had a few awesome lessons with people so far. We have some really great investigators! One really cool thing is that two people just showed up to church yesterday and wanted to start meeting with us and learning more! So that is really exciting! We are going to meet with them this week! I would tell you about people but I am having a hard time remembering who is who. There's quite a few people to keep straight.
One really cool thing that I wanted to share is that we had a lesson with our investigator named Laura. She is really sweet! We talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the things that that gospel entails (faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the holy ghost and enduring to the end). We talked about the Holy Ghost a lot and the fruits of the spirit. She made a really cool comment that meeting with the missionaries and learning about the gospel really helps her to feel uplifted and encouraged. It was a really neat comment for her to make because truly anything that is light and is good is from Christ and so we need to make an effort to recognize those good, light things and to pursue them and to remove anything from our lives that doesn't bring light and doesn't invite Christ.
One scripture I'd like to share is Helaman 5:12

12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
I love this scripture because it is so true that Jesus Christ is a SURE foundation. We are constantly moving, growing, changing, being tested and tried but Jesus Christ is the one consistent and constant thing in our lives. He loves us always and is always ready to forgive and help us to overcome. If we build on him we surely won't fall. How blessed are we! I love yawl and I hope yawl have a great week!


~Sister Madisen Lloyd

Pictures: There's a lot here. One is of me holding a rice warm up thing a member made for me.... I warmed it up and it melted and caught on fire. I was sad. Some is of me saying goodbye to the old people we did service for in Mountain Home. Sister Garner bought me a goodbye dinner because she's da best (we ate alligator). One is of Sister Garner and I during District meeting when we should have been paying attention.










No comments:

Post a Comment