Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Crazy day! Crazy week!

February 5, 2018


I feel like I've been so busy lately that I don't have enough time to get everything done! IT'S THE BEST! I am almost out of time this week but I will share two really cool experiences we had this week.

We had a lesson with our investigator Mary and it was amazing. We taught her the Word of Wisdom and when we started she had kind of a hardened heart but we started talking about and read through the scriptures and the pamphlet and talked about all of the blessings and when we finished reading, she put down the pamphlet and just whispered "I know this is true." and started crying. So of course Sister Garner and I started crying. It's amazing to be able to help people come closer to Jesus Christ. 

Another cool experience we had was that we went by a potential investigator's house and gave her brownies because her friend told us she passed her test at school! So we stopped by and gave them to her and she said we could come back a different day! We were thrilled! So we started to drive away and she called us and said "hey! my roommates sick and she wants you to come back and pray for her and then tell her some of what you believe." so we whipped the truck around and drove back. We talked with her, her roommate and her daughter for about an hour and had a really good conversation about The Plan of Salvation as well as the Atonement of Jesus Christ and forgiveness. It was a beautiful conversation and the spirit was so strong. It was one of the coolest lessons we have ever had. It was amazing. God is oh so good!

This week I want to share a scripture. I prayed to know what scripture to share with yawl this week and this is what I opened up to. It's found in the Doctrine and Covenants section 127 verses 2 and the first half of 3:

"And as for the perils which I am called to pass through, they seem but a small thing to me, as the envy and wrath of man have been my common lot all the days of my life; and for what cause it seems mysterious, unless I was ordained from before the foundation of the world for some good end, or bad, as you may choose to call it. Judge ye for yourselves. God knoweth all these things, whether it be good or bad. But nevertheless, deep water is what I am wont to swim in. It all has become a second nature to me; I feel like Paul, to glory in tribulation; for to this day has the God of my fathers delivered me out of them all, and will deliver me from henceforth; for behold, and lo, I shall triumph over all my enemies, for the Lord God hath spoken it. 

Let all the saints rejoice, therefore, and be exceedingly glad; for Israel's God is their God..."

I love that because we are all called to pass through perils and hard times but the God of Israel is your God! There is a video called "Zion's Camp" that was made by the church, it's a really good video and an amazing story. If yawl haven't watched it, ya should. But in the movie this boy is asked who leads the camp he is in and he responds "the God of Israel, leads the camp." and I love that because if the God of Israel leads your camp then you can rest assured that you are going in the right direction. I can testify that the God of Israel leads this camp. He is the light by which we are led. How blessed are we. Have a great week! I love yawl!

~Sister Madisen Lloyd

Picture:

Me playing the ukulele for the older people. picture and skirt credit: sister garner.

No comments:

Post a Comment