Monday, December 11, 2017

14 Days....

December 11, 2017


This week was great! I have so many good things to share! 

Monday: On Monday we had P Day and it was great! We did everything that we needed to and then some and it was a wonderful day.

Tuesday: On Tuesday we did service at the Retirement Home we help at and it was so fun! I have learned how to carry 6 plates at one time! :) They keep joking that now I can't ever leave because they've taught me their tricks. They even asked me who they need to call to make sure I don't get transferred. I chuckled imagining my mission president getting that phone call. "Yeah I know the Lord wants her somewhere else... but she can carry 6 plates at once so I think she should stay here." Anyway, after that we drove up to West Plains and went on exchanges with the West Plains Sisters. They are so awesome! We had so much fun and between the four of us we found 6 new investigators for their area!  It was awesome!

Wednesday: On Wednesday we had District meeting in West Plains so we stayed the night with the West Plains sisters and then went to the meeting and it was really good! We just talked about different stories of Jesus Christ and the things we learn about teaching people from those stories. I talked about the story of the woman taken in adultery. Something I had never noticed before is that Jesus took the time to eliminate the distractions (wait for the Pharisees and Sadducees to leave) before he taught her. This allowed her to feel the spirit. I thought that was the coolest thing. If Jesus Christ were here teaching any one of us he would totally eliminate the distractions so that we could fully feel the spirit. I just loved that. That night we had a dinner with this cute old couple, The Powell's which was fun. She came and picked us up and she told me she actually grew up in Twin Falls, Idaho! She told us all sorts of fun stories. 

Thursday: On Thursday we did some weekly planning and then we decided that for Light the World we would take pictures of Christ to as many of the primary children as we could make it to. So we took pictures to little kids. That night we had a lesson with Skye and Lawrence who are AMAZING. We love them so much. I love that they can be serious with us but they can also be silly with us. We gave them some sticker charts we made for them so that they can track their goals that they've set. I am a huge believer in sticker charts. I have one or two myself. 

Friday: On Friday we walked some dogs for service which was fun. We also delivered a Bible to someone who requested one online. After that we tracted for a little bit and I had one of the saddest experiences of my mission. We were talking to this one lady and she said "Jesus Christ doesn't help me." and showed us a bunch of bruises and scabs she has from falling. I asked her "has there ever been a time that you have felt like Jesus Christ was there for you?" and she thought and then said "no. you can leave" and she shut the door. I'm not going to lie. I was so broken hearted for her. How sad is it that she doesn't recognize that every time she has been able to get up shows that Jesus Christ DOES help her. My heart broke and I made a vow that next time I have an opportunity to be more bold like I could have been with that lady, I will be. That night we delivered a Book of Mormon to a lady we had a first lesson with. 

Saturday: On Saturday we had a great service day. We did service at the Retirement community and that's always fun. After that we got a text from the Relief Society President saying that she needed help setting up for the Christmas dinner and so we ran over and spent the rest of the afternoon helping get stuff ready. I was really happy we went to help because we helped alleviate some stress. After that we had our ward Christmas Dinner! It was so fun! Santa even came! He even gave me a teddy  bear. ;) 

Sunday: On Sunday we had church which is always good and then we had a lunch right after with some members who were so kind to feed us Ribeye steaks! :) I was so excited. After dinner I wasn't feeling to great so we found some things to do inside the apartment so that I could rest a little bit. We ended the night with comp study. It was a good day!

I wanted to share a little story with you for my "spiritual thought" of my email. Today is my companion's birthday and when you spend every minute with someone it's hard to keep secrets. Well, I wanted to decorate for her but I didn't want her to see me decorating for her. So I did a little prep work and then when I went to bed I prayed that Heavenly Father would wake me up in the middle of the night so that I could decorate for her. Well... right at 3:15 I woke up to this HORRIBLE noise. I looked out the window and someone was cutting up a couch with a chainsaw. I was like "WHY WOULD SOMEONE CHOOSE 3:15 TO CUT UP A COUCH WITH A CHAINSAW IN THE PARKING LOT???" Until I remembered, because I prayed I would wake up and only that noise would do the trick! I got up and decorated for Sister Fife and she was so happy when she woke up. I just wanted to share this because it was a reassurance to me that Heavenly Father 1 cares about us. He wanted Sister Fife to have a good birthday and 2 that he hears our prayers. I am a heavy sleeper and I usually sleep through the night with no problems, no matter what goes on around me, but I wanted to do something nice and he helped me. I'm so grateful for a Heavenly Father who cares about what we care about. He has bigger problems than helping me decorate but it was important to me so he helped me. I love Him so much and I'm grateful to be His missionary! I love y'all and I hope you have a great week!

~Sister Madisen Lloyd

Pictures! 

Picture 1: all three Christmas packages came at once! I was so happy! 

Picture 2: Me and Santa

Picture 3: Sister Fife captured my excitement about getting a teddy bear from Santa... enjoy​​


 

No comments:

Post a Comment