Sunday, July 23, 2017


July 19, 2017

Once upon a time there was a Sister missionary who spent her first few transfers going on exchanges in Grandby, Missouri. While she was there she met a sweet little boy named Hyrum who wanted her to get transferred there. She told him to pray really hard for that to happen and that God would decide. Well... God hears prayers and answers them too and so Sister Lloyd is getting transferred to Grandby, Missouri. I leave tomorrow morning. My heart is really heavy as I have spent the last few days saying goodbye and packing up. I have dearly loved my time in the Springfield YSA and I hope that I have had as much of an impact on the area as the area has had on me. I love the people and the work I do for them but I am excited to start my new adventure in a town that is quite the opposite from where I'm at now. Grandby, Missouri is a TEENY little town that have a number of cows that rivals the number of people there. It is very country and it is going to be a great adventure! My new companion's name is Sister Snyder and if you have read my emails you may recognize her name because we have been on several exchanges together and are very good friends. I am so excited to see why the Lord is sending me to Grandby! 

Monday- Prep Day! Nothing too super exciting! Just a lot of preparing. Go figure! 

Tuesday- On Tuesday we had service with my dear friend Rose, after that we exchanged companions for the day! I was with Sister Pierce who is brand new! This is her first transfer and she is already a power house missionary. We had a really good lesson with our investigator, Brad. We taught the Plan of Salvation. It was really awesome! He has done a lot of... research and so while we were teaching he casually asks "so is outer darkness like with this or is it somewhere else?" I was surprised to say the least and then we had a really good conversation about outer darkness. Haha! We were waiting for our next appointment when we got a phone call that said Charles, the guy we were waiting to meet with (he is a less active member), got in a car wreck on Sunday and wouldn't be able to make it because he was in the hospital! He did NOT want us to come visit because, in his words, "I'm not dressed decent". So we went on campus and talked to people instead. After that we went home and had dinner and then went tracting. While we were biking we came across a car that had the keys in the outside key hole of the car door. We didn't want to just leave it so we, through a long series of events, got a hold of the campus patrol so that they could get the keys to the right people. When we biked by the next day the car was gone... hopefully to the right people! Tuesday night Sister Moser and I were back together and we got a text from our District Leader asking us to instruct on the role of prayer in conversion the next morning. THAT'S NOT ENOUGH TIME TO PREPARE.

Wednesday- Wednesday morning we went to District Meeting and Sister Moser and I instructed. The Lord definitely blessed us for trying to be obedient and do things that we are asked to do because we both gave decent instructions! It was so good! After that we went on campus and rode the campus bus and talked to people on there. It was so fun! That night we had a lesson with our investigator Justin and he is always good to talk with. We just can't seem to get him to keep commitments. We finished the night by biking home and trying to talk  to people as we went. 

Thursday- On Thursday we went to visit a new investigator that we just found and we had an awesome conversation with him about Christ and the Book of Mormon. It was so awesome. the rest of the day we were weekly planning and that is always pretty boring. That night we had a lesson with Samuel about the ten commandments. Samuel is so awesome and he shared really cool thoughts about how the commandments are protectors for us and not restrictions. How they allow us to use our agency to make wise choices and after that we can continue to us our agency to choose! It was a great lesson. 

Friday- On Friday we started the day with Service at the Food Pantry and that is always fun. They always like us to warn them when one of us might be leaving and I had a feeling I would be and so I let them know and they were really sad. One oldish guy named Tim was like "You can't leave! We all like you so much! You're sweet face needs to stay here for at least six more months!" It felt good to know that I was so dearly loved by the people in the area. I dearly love them too. After that we spent most of the rest of the day tracting. We knocked so many doors in the heat it was a little ridiculous. That night we went to visit Charles, our member, in the hospital. He is doing well and the car wreck may have fractured his back but it didn't fracture his sense of humor! He is doing well. He can stand and walk a little so he is doing well.  That night we had ice cream with another less active member who told us that she is improving! She has been working so hard to overcome her path and she is almost done! We were so excited! She told us that she is moving to Oregon to be with her mom who is an AWESOME lady and we were so excited for her. 

Saturday- On Saturday we did service for Jina at her store. After that we had a lesson with a guy named Kavon. Kavon was someone that other missionaries handed off to us because he is YSA and he is so awesome! He has a baptismal date for the 29th! (I'm so sad I'm going to miss it!) The rest of the day we did some tracting! 

Sunday- On Sunday we went to church and it was awesome! After church we had a lesson with an investigator named Antwain. Antwain is awesome, he used to meet with missionaries and his life got really busy so he stopped. We just recently picked him back up again and we read from the Book of Mormon with him and invited him to read from it daily. After that a member drove us 45 minutes to Bolivar to meet with an investigator who some other missionaries passed off to us because she is YSA. We taught the Restoration and it was a really good lesson! By the time we got to know her, taught her, and drove home it was time for us to go home! 

Monday- The Monday that isn't Prep Day is always incredibly long. We started the day by going on campus and there really weren't that many people there so we went and did some service at the Food Pantry again. We went home and watched an AWESOME missionary broadcast by Elder Neil L Anderson where he talked about finding. Something that stuck out to me was that he said that there are people EVERYWHERE who are ready and willing to accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I think that that is such an AMAZING promise. If I am willing to work to find and open my mouth then there will be someone ready to hear it no matter where in the world I am at. After we watched the broadcast we went and rode the campus bus and talked to people. We got off in the town square to try to talk to people and there was SO MANY PEOPLE and live music. We were nervous and didn't know what was going on and then we asked someone. It turns out there was a Christian Rally! All of these Christians from so many different faiths got together to sing together and worship God! It was amazing! I got a little teary that there were so many good people there. This one guy came up to Sister Moser and I and started talking to us about how hard his life has been we reassured him that God loved him. After that he walked away but a little later he came up to me while Sister Moser was talking to someone else and asked me to "pray over him" I always get uncomfy when people ask me to pray OVER them. I just always think how hard that would be because I'm so short ;) But I prayed with him that he would be able to feel God's love and peace and be able to feel joy. He thanked me! I offered to send missionaries to meet with him and help him feel of that love and peace and he said "mmmm, no thanks. I'll stick with my denomination." *face palm* That's okay. Jesus still loves him. That night we had dinner with the SWEETEST lady! Her name is Barb. We met Barb when we were lost and looking for an address and she loves us! She wanted to feed us so we had dinner with her and it was so good! She made us beef stroganoff on rice, which is my FAVORITE FOOD EVER. It was such a good night. We finished the night be catching the very end of FHE. That night we had transfer calls. It was one of the hardest nights of my mission to find out that I would be leaving my home for the last 5 months and the people I've come to love. I cried and cried and didn't get a lot of sleep. Just tossing and turning and worrying. 

Tuesday- Tuesday I woke up and was SO tired. crying and four hours of sleep don't help a person to function. But I got up and did studies. I've been reading in Jesus the Christ and I read this story about "a nobleman" who comes to Jesus and asks Jesus to heal his son. This nobleman did not have faith yet but he wanted his son to be healed. Jesus told him that he could not build his faith on miracles. The man again asked Christ to come see his son or else he would die. Christ told him to go home, his son would live. In faith the man turned and went away. The book explained that this man did not run home immediatley to see if Christ had been truthful, despite his son being on the verge of death. Instead he took his time. The next day the man was walking home and his servants met him on the road. They had been sent to tell him that his son was miraculously doing better. When the man asked when the improvement had begun it was the very hour when Jesus had assured him that his son would live. This hit me hard. I hope that I can trust God enough that as they tell me to go to Grandby that I can have the same reaction this man had. That I will be able to act in faith and trust Christ. The rest of the day was good. We had service in the morning with Rose and she cried when she found out I was leaving and asked me to please write them letters sometimes. The other lady, Lee, who we volunteer with bought me a cute dress as a going away gift (we volunteer at a thrift store) that afternoon we had a lesson with out new investigator Kavon. We taught him and his two friends. That night we had institute and it was so good. The lesson was awesome and I had a chance to say goodbye to a lot of the YSA. It was sad but I am so blessed to have such wonderful people who I love and who love me. 

This week and especially the past few days I have thought so much about trusting. Trusting friends, trusting companions, trusting parents, trusting leaders, trusting God. What an awesome privilege it is to hold someone's trust and be able to keep it. It's a blessing! What a blessing it is to know that God trusts us. He sent us to Earth with the ability to choose, he trusted us with bodies and trusted us to take care of them. He trusted us to take care of the Earth and he trusted us to choose to follow him. I often find myself doing what God has asked me to do and saying "Fine, BUT I'm trusting you." How silly of me! Trusting God should not be a condition. I should always trust God and know that it is a privilege to have a Heavenly Father who loves me enough to be aware of and have a plan for me. He trusted me, the least I can do is trust Him. I hope that I will be able to keep God's trust and that he will be able to know that Sister Maddie Lloyd is someone that He can rely on. I hope you all think that Sister Maddie Lloyd is someone that you can rely on. I love you all so much! You are amazing. Trust God and he will direct thy paths. 

~Sister Madisen Lloyd

 P.S. my new address is 

13258 Racoon Rd.

Grandby, MO 64844

Picture 1: Sister Moser and I found Drury Lane (do you know the muffin man) Picture 2:My Sister Friends! Picture 3: Kyle and Courtney (the two members who threw me a surprise birthday dinner last week) 

No comments:

Post a Comment