Monday, July 3, 2017

One year older! Wiser too?

July 3, 2017

Hello! What a great week it has been! Thank you to everyone who was so kind to me this week. I love you all so much and I felt so loved as I looked at my emails, letters and packages that I received. I don't know why I'm so blessed but I'm grateful for it!

Monday- P-Day! Just a long day of doing everything that needs to be done to be successful for the rest of the week! We emailed, grocery shopped, did laundary and then ended the day by going to FHE! We a couple of non members there so it was awesome to be able to see them coming to activities. 

Tuesday- On Tuesday we had Sister Johnson with us again so we were in a trio again which was fun! We started the day with service and then we had a lesson with a less active member who is working on coming back and receiving the priesthood! It was a really awesome lesson! After that we had a lesson with one of Sister Johnson's investigators which was also good! We showed her a mormon message called the shiny bicycle and talked about repentance which was awesome! That night we went to go see Justin and see how he's doing and then we biked and checked some addresses. It was a good, busy day!

Wednesday- On Wednesday we had interviews with our mission president and his wife! It was so awesome! I had a really cool experience. I have been struggling to know how to find in this area 
and when I went to my interview Sister Loveland prayed and in her prayer she promised that I would know how to find and I would be led by the spirit. I took that promise to heart and trusted her and moved on with my week. Then in my interview with President Loveland we talked a lot about the different ways and areas that we could find so I got my biggest question answered which was a huge answer to prayers. I suddenly felt a lot more comfortable with tracting, which I was little bummed about but, if it will find the people I need to find then I'm happy. That night we had one of the most powerful Plan of Salvation lessons I've had so far on my mission with our recent convert Samuel. It was awesome! We watched the Hallelujah Mormon Message from a few Easters ago and then just centered the whole thing on Christ (which is how every lesson should be) and it was seriously SO POWERFUL. 

Thursday- On Thursday we had a good day! We started our day by going on campus and talking to people which is always interesting because you never quite know what you're going to get. We talked to a really nice Catholic lady who's daughter is going to start coming to MSU which was awesome! We went and tracted for about an hour and a half and after that we biked about three miles to our next lesson who wasn't home, we were a little bummed. After that we went to our next lesson and on the way one of our members saw us biking and gave us a water bottle! It was such a tender mercy! Our lesson was really good! We taught the Plan of Salvation to our other recent convert, Alec and he has such a strong testimony of it that it was amazing! He also updated me on where he is in Mosiah and, just for everyone's information, I'm winning the great Mosiah race so far. We quickly biked home and changed into service clothes and then went and helped a less active member clean his house. he is getting ready to move. We had a really good conversation with him. He is trying to come back to church he just stays up late and then it's hard to wake up for church. We all shared our favorite scriptures and then talked about his mission. He loved talking about his mission and we are hoping that it helped him to feel the spirit and remember the importance of  being actively involved in the gospel. After that we had an active member lesson with a girl named Payton and then we had a lesson with our investigator Justin. We invited Justin to pray with us about a baptismal date. He said a really sincere prayer asking and then at the end his mom said "You CAN'T get baptized." and then looks at us and said "His girlfriend, Amanda, lives here with us and we love her. I hope they get married someday but right now the living situation is that she lives here which is against the law of chastity." (His mom is a member) I was a little frustrated because we knew she lived there, we just knew we could find a solution to that problem. I was just disappointed because he looked so discouraged. We invited him to pick a date later that night. 

Friday- Friday was my birthday! I turned twenty years old and became an old lady, apparently. We were talking to some elders and mentioned I was twenty and this eighteen year old elder squints at me and with pain and anguish on his face and horror in his voice he says "you're so OLD". If that doesn't boost my confidence I don't know what will. :) That's okay, he's just a baby. We went on campus to have a lesson with a girl named Rachel who works at the Starbucks on campus and when we got there she saw us and went into the back room. We waited for a while and she never came back out and her co workers kept looking at us like we were Satan so we walked around. When we came back she was back out, saw us and went back in the room. We realized she was avoiding us and left. We had a lesson with one of our investigators about the Plan of Salvation and he basically told us he wasn't going to listen to any of it because he didn't think it matched what the Bible said. (spoiler alert IT DOES!) We had a conversation with him but he ended up just telling me I was too lazy to seek out the truth. So we left. We then had a law of Chastity lesson with Justin and talked about his circumstances and reassured him that we could find a solution. It was a good lesson! We spent the rest of the night tracting and life was good! 

Saturday- We started the morning by going to a farmers market and talking to people and then we did service for a less active member. After that it was a long day of weekly planning. 

Sunday-  On Sunday we had a great day at church! All the Relief Society piano players were gone so I ended up having to play, which was stressful but that talent of mine has actually increased on my mission so I did pretty good! After church we spent most of the afternoon tracting and then we had dinner at the Maughan's house and had a good dinner message with them. The rest of the night we called people to set up appointments. It was a really good day!

This week I have been really scatter brained and have lacked focus so I haven't had anything that I have repeatedly pondered this week. However. I have felt an insane amount of God's love this week. I have such a strong testimony that he loves each of us and that he blesses us with tender mercies all of the time. We just need to take the time to see and appreciate them. I know God loves all of you. I know that this gospel is true and that this is the only church that contains the fullness of it. Thomas S. Monson is a prophet and Christ is my Redeemer and my Savior, he is yours too. I love y'all so much! Have a great week!

~Sister Madisen Lloyd



No comments:

Post a Comment