Monday, January 15, 2018

let it snow let it snow let it snow

January 15, 2018

This week has been crazy! At the beginning of the week we barely had to wear coats but by the end of the week we were having all kinds of snow storms! It's ridiculous! But it's been super busy and really productive! I don't have a lot of time to talk today so I will just share a few things that happened!

This week we went around visiting people in the ward that we didn't know and we ended up visiting a lot of people who haven't been visited in a long time! It's always neat when I get to talk to different people because everyone is so unique but they are all so loved by Heavenly Father! One really interesting person we met showed us a bunch of his art and it turns out he is a very talented painter! He has all sorts of beautiful pictures he has painted! So that was neat. 

We went and visited some other people who have really cool pet boa constrictors and cobras and I held their 8 foot Boa Constrictor! I did think I was going to die but I did it anyway! It was really a neat experience! They also own a cockatoo and a chameleon! So that was really cool.

We visited another couple who were so sweet. They were both in the military and are having a hard time as they get older and their health worsens so we offered to come about once a week and to help them with some of their housework. That way we can help to make their lives a little easier and serve them. 

They ended up cancelling the last two hours of church because of the snow and how many people drive so far but it was really cool because we got to do a lot of work in our apartment that will help us to be more productive as we try to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ! 

This week I have been thinking a lot about a talk I read called "Strengthened by the Atonement of Jesus Christ" by Elder Dallin H. Oaks and it is an AMAZING talk that is about all of the different ways that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is able to strengthen and help us individually! It truly touched my heart. I know that Jesus Christ felt every pain and every sorrow we feel. I know that he felt what it feels like to be lonely, to be rejected, to feel worthless, to feel like a failure, to feel insecure, to feel hopeless, to feel lost, to feel stuck, to be confused. He truly felt EVERYTHING that we can EVER feel so that he could help us. So that we never had to actually be alone, so that we always had one person to turn to, so that we could be valued by someone who understands, so we can overcome failure, so that we can find security in knowing we are children of the most high God and that he thinks we have potential, so that we could know there's a plan and so that we could find answers. I love my Savior with all my heart and I know that He knows me personally. I know because of Him I have the ability to overcome my weaknesses and improve myself each day. I know that He loves all of us and wants us to find joy in Him. So try to come closer to your Savior. I love yawl and hope you have a great week!

~Sister Madisen Lloyd
 

Pictures: 

Picture 1- Sister Garner and I went sledding with some members

Picture 2- ​​Me holding the 8 foot boa constrictor

Picture 3- me trying to overcome my fear of horses (:


1 comment:

  1. And it’s obly through death and His shed blood we are saved. Every sin the Bible says was nailed to the cross. Jesus cried out on the cross, “it is finished!” Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete