Monday, August 7, 2017

Paige

July 31, 2017

Well this week has been an adventure for sure! But a good one as usual. I am always amazed at how quickly P Day roles around. This week I am severely lacking motivation to email, I don't know why, I've never had this problem before so forgive me if my email is not as good as usual (not that my emails are ever incredible). 

Monday- Monday (as usual) was P-Day. which is always good! We did everything we needed to to be ready for the coming week. After that we went and had FHE with some members and less actives. It was awesome! We had a really good time and were able to uplift, encourage and hopefully teach. It was awesome!

Tuesday- On Tuesday we started the day with service at the Newtonia Library which was fun! After that we had lunch and then we had a lesson with some less actives, the Mahurins. Technically Sister Mahurin is the less active and her husband is a non member who would be baptized if he didn't have a smoking problem (I feel like everybody in Missouri has a smoking problem). We talked to them a lot and made some really good progress, hopefully he will be better at not smoking this week. Later that night we had a lesson with our investigator Sean who is awesome! We talked about the priesthood and helped him to understand what it is and how the offices work a little better. He is so sincere. The rest of the night was really good. We had dinner with some members and then we tried to visit some less actives.
 
Wednesday- On Wednesday we went on exchanges and it was awesome because I got to be with my first companion, Sister Sanders! I love her! We had a great day. We taught a little girl who's parents are less active. We taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ and we had a really interactive lesson. After the lesson we talked with her and asked her if she wanted to be baptized, she said yes! I was so excited. She will hopefully be getting baptized on August 19th. After that Sister Sanders and I did some tracting. We found one man who was absolutely NOT interested. To us his words "not at all." But we also found a lady named Juanita who is really old but so kind! We taught her a mini restoration lesson on her doorstep and she said we could come back! It was awesome! That evening we went and visited a less active old man who is a little, different. But he is very nice and he LOVES the sister missionaries. It is so funny. He told me that he was adopting me as his granddaughter so that's fun! He is a very sweet old man. 

Thursday- On Thursday we had Zone Conference. President and Sister Loveland came and instructed on finding and ways we can find that are not just tracting. It was a really good day but it was a long day of sitting and taking notes. We got done in time to go to dinner and then to go and tract a little bit before the end of the night. 

Friday- On Friday we went and did service for the Newtonia Library again and then we did service for an old lady named Lenor. Lenor is a very sweet old (and I mean OLD) lady who lives in a house that is very old as well. She had us help her with canning and while we were in her kitchen we found a DEAD RAT. It had been just under her counter for who knows how long, but a very long time. It was disgusting. Sister Snyder and I didn't want to tell her because we were afraid she would make us pick it up and throw it away but we decided it was better to tell her. So we did and she did NOT make us pick it up!  #tender mercy For the rest of the day we did weekly planning.  

Saturday- On Saturday we started our day with service for some members. They have a bunch of turkey barns and they said they would need some help feeding. We showed up at eight to help feed and they put us to work PICKING UP THE DEAD BABY TURKEYS. I almost threw up. We picked up over three hundred. Oh the things I do in Missouri. Later we went and visited some less actives who are struggling, Phil and Donna. Just a back drop for this story, Phil is nuts. So we went to visit them because it's Donna's birthday and they invited us for cake. We told them I couldn't eat it but we would come and Sister Snyder would have some and Phil says, "oh! is that why you're so slim?" I just about died I was laughing so hard. We had cake with them and talked about the priesthood. It was a good conversation. As we were leaving Phil stops us and says to Sister Snyder "are you feeling buzzed yet?" and then starts laughing. He was joking that he put weed in the cake. (What is it with Granby and weed?) I was a little nervous but he eventually gave up and said he didn't put any in. Thank Heavens. 

Sunday- On Sunday we had a really good day! We went to church and Sister Snyder and I taught Gospel Principles and it was on sacrifice and it was really good. After church some members fed us lunch. After that we went tracting and saw Juanita. She was so sweet. We taught her the restoration and she said she would read the Book of Mormon. We ended the evening by spending some time with Paige's family, the Talbotts and trying to help and encourage them. 

This week has been awesome, I have loved it. I have spent a lot of time thinking about obedience and motivation. Something really interesting that Elder Holland talked about one is he said something along the lines of Salvation is not a CHEAP experience. How can we expect to have it easy when Jesus Christ never had it easy. I have thought so much about that because there are days when it is NOT easy. When I'm homesick or tired or  whatever the case may be and I just want to quit. I want to take the easy route. I am so grateful for a Savior who was willing to do hard things and to take the hard route. I'm so grateful for the ability I have to choose not to take the easy route and I'm so grateful for family and friends who are kind enough to support me in my journey.  I love you all so much and I just want to share a great scripture I found. 

"We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed but not in despair:
Persecuted but not forsaken, cast down but not destroyed."
- 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9

Love you all! Have a great week!

Pictures: Picture 1: Me with a baby bunny! Picture 2: Sister Snyder and I with a baby turkey Picture 3: Sister Sanders and Sister Lloyd reunited at last Picture 
--
~Sister Madisen Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment