Monday, May 1, 2017

Friday - The Day Sister Lloyd Died.

May 1, 2017

I feel like I have nothing new to say since I just emailed on Wednesday! But I will try to think of something interesting to write about! It has been raining non stop in Missouri this week. There flood warnings like crazy. It's so much rain. I'm about ready to build an ark. 

Wednesday (fake P-Day)- On Wednesday I was starting to have a tickle in my throat and I sneezed a little more than usual. I went through P-Day doing all of the usual stuff, grocery shopping, laundry, emailing and my zone even got together to play volleyball! While I was at volleyball I had the thought "you're going to get sick this week, but it's okay. You need it." I was confused a little but I thought "I will not be getting sick, I don't have time to be sick." and went on. After volleyball Sister Sanders looked at me and said "hey! Do you wanna go home and get some sleep? I feel, in my heart, like that might be a good idea." I thought it was a weird comment but I never turn down a nap so we went home. Wednesday night we had English class. I came home and took some Emergen-C and went to bed. 

Thursday- On Thursday we did our table at MSU. It was more dead than usual. We didn't really even get to talk to anyone because no one walked by. As the end of semester approaches the foot traffic slows down and usually the only people who walk by are the ones who have to, which means it's the same people every week. We had a lesson and it went really well! Even our investigator said it was a really good lesson! All day long I had a cough and the sniffles but nothing too awful. Thursday was a pretty slow day.

Friday- On Friday I woke up and felt like I got hit by a taco bus. It was the worst. I couldn't breathe, raging headache, fever, the whole nine yards. I walked out of the room and Sister Sanders immediately told me to go back to sleep. Our mission president is huge on not missing a day of work because you don't feel good. He says that a majority of the work that is done in the world is done by people who feel less than stellar. He always talks about a story where he had the flu and he threw up all down the bunk line while he was feeding cows. I told Sister Sanders that I was fine and I would "throw up down the bunk line" she laughed and told me that it was better for me to sleep and get better and go to work later that night or the next day than to make it worse by going out and working in the rain. I said I would go to sleep for a little while longer and she should wake me up if I wasn't awake in an hour. She didn't. I slept for almost 10 hours and she was so sweet. She cloroxed the whole apartment and then did a lot of phone and clarical work so that I could sleep. I woke up and still felt like garbage but we spent the rest of the day doing some planning/ prep work for our Sunday baptism. I felt really bad I didn't work through it but in the end it was a huge blessing. 

Saturday- Weekly Planning! On Saturday we did the rest of our weekly planning and went out and did some less active member finding and tracting! We also went to a lunch for one of our members who is leaving on a mission this week. He had a TON of non members there that he wanted us to talk to! It was so awesome! He is a great member missionary. After that we did some more visits to less active members and just tried to figure out if the people on our ward roster still lived where it said they do. The one downside to the YSA is that they are mostly college students so 1. There's a lot of turnover. People move in and out all the time so it's hard to keep track and 2. Whether the people on our roster stay in our ward or not they move apartments constantly. So it's really hard to find people. We also did some online training. I have finished all of my newby trainings that I needed to get done online so I started looking into some family history. It's frustrating because we can't google anything so I couldn't look up ancestors that I had questions about but I was telling Sister Sanders about how I would love to look into some of the people when I get home. 

Sunday- On Sunday we had church! Church is always awesome. It was "Senior Sunday" so all of the high school seniors who will soon be attending our single's ward came so that was awesome and then a lot of members of the ward brought non members so we were busy all three hours trying to meet and fellowship people. After church I was talking to the new ward clerk's wife, Sister Maughan. I mentioned that my mom's maiden name was Maughan. We chatted and ended up figuring out we connect at our ancestor, Peter Maughan. We talked about that for a while and it was really fun. After church we did some tracting and then went and got everything ready for Samuel's baptism. His baptism was such an awesome experience. He was really well supported and the spirit was really strong. He is the only member in his family now but his parents both came to support him and so that was really neat. He was baptized by Spencer, the member who leaves for his mission this week. They became really good friends and it was an emotional moment for them! After the baptism Sister Maughan came up to me and had a book about the life of Peter Maughan for me to borrow and read when I have time as well as some family history information printed off for me! She said that Brother Maughan said he would put the book on my flashdrive for me so I have it when I get home! It was really neat because just the day before I was telling Sister Sanders that I have a lot of cool family history on both sides that I don't know much about and then BOOM a tender mercy so that I can learn more about that side of my family. God is so good!

This week was short between emails but it was great none the less. This week was a huge testimony builder for me that God knows what we need even when we don't. Whether it's a sick day or a really loving ward clerk and his wife who happen to be distantly related to you. He will always take care of us and give us the righteous needs/desires of our hearts. I am so humbled to be a daughter of a Heavenly Father who is so actively aware of me. I know that he is aware of all of you as well. He loves his children so much. He just wants to bless us. I also know that he has asked us to pray. I have always struggled with prayers. I used to feel a little silly praying because it always felt like I was talking to myself or just whining about things I needed. I used to have very short, insincere prayers when I decided to pray at all. Being on a mission has really strengthened my testimony of prayer because I have had to rely on it so much  more. Prayer is an amazing tool and it only allows Heavenly Father to bless us more. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers and that he blesses us with things we pray for and with things that we don't. I love you all! Pray often! Heavenly Father loves you!

--

~Sister Madisen Lloyd

Pictures! I don't have a lot of pictures this week but I do have two! 

Picture 1: Samuel's baptism picture! Samuel is the one next to me and Spencer is next to Sister Sanders. Spencer is our awesome member missionary who is turning into a real missionary this week! Picture 2: Sister Sanders and I got to peek in on a scrimmage game for MSU! Samuel, our (now) recent convert plays for them! He's number 12!


No comments:

Post a Comment