Saturday, February 11, 2017

My Mission Decision

     Hello all of you lovely people who are taking the time to view my blog! I really appreciate your support and your love as I embark on this adventure in my life. Some of you know, and some of you don't, that the decision to go on a mission was not one that was easy for me to make.
 
      I was born in Provo, Utah and moved to Twin Falls shortly after I was born. I grew up in and LOVED the small town of Twin Falls. I was incredibly blessed to grow up in a home with two, loving parents and three younger brothers. In high school I was blessed with wonderful friends who always loved and supported me. I always had a plan for my life: graduate high school, go to college, get married, graduate college, get my dream job as a Developmental Therapist, have a family and live Happily Ever After. Although the details and order of that plan changed on occasion it was fairly consistent. If you'll notice a mission was never in that plan. I knew that that wasn't in Heavenly Father's plan for me. It wasn't "my thing", "I wouldn't be good at it anyway" and last but not least "I don't want to." I was wrong.
    
     Most of my plan worked out. I graduated high school and I went to college. College was an adventure and as hard as it was, I loved it. I made AMAZING friends who I owe so much to and will be eternally grateful for. However, in the middle of my fifth semester something changed. Suddenly my plan didn't work. I felt confused and angry. Fortunately, I had a couple of wonderful roommates who helped me and supported me as I struggled to understand why things weren't working out the way I wanted them to.

     I began to have promptings that I should go on a mission. I fought the spirit for weeks making up all sorts of excuses about why I shouldn't go. "I can't. I'm not strong enough. I wouldn't be good at it. The people wouldn't like me. I DON'T WANT TO." But in my heart I knew why my plan hadn't worked. My plan didn't match God's plan for me, even though it wasn't what I wanted, I knew that I needed to move forward with faith, trusting what I'd always been told, that Heavenly Father had a plan for me and that if I would do what he asked me to do, even though I didn't want to and I didn't understand that he would take care of me. So I completed and submitted my papers.
     
    The day I got my call I had an insane nervously excited feeling in my stomach. When I held my call in my hands I knew that the next 18 months of my life was in that envelope. I opened my call with all my family there and read that I was assigned to labor in the Arkansas, Bentonville Mission and I would report on February 22, 2017. I am excited and nervous. Even though I still don't know why I am supposed to serve a mission I am trusting in the Lord's plan for me and moving forward with faith. I appreciate the support of all my friends and family. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment